Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless Water Heaters
If you’re in the market for a new water heater, you may be overwhelmed with your options. One of the most popular types of water heaters available today are tankless water heaters. They’re highly sought after because they provide an endless amount of hot water on demand and take up less space. Keep reading to learn more about tankless water heaters as you weigh your options.
What are Tankless Water Heaters?
Tankless water heaters, also called on-demand water heaters, don’t require a large tank to keep water on standby like conventional tank-type water heaters do. They’re mounted on the wall and heat water on demand. When you turn on a faucet in your home, sensors will signal the water heater, then water will move through the heat exchanger and then to your faucet.
Tankless water heaters can be powered by a gas-fired burner or electrical coils.
Ready For a Quote?
Leave your information and we will be in touch
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
- Compact: without the need for a tank, tankless water heaters can help reclaim some space.
- Long lifespans: tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years.
- Run on-demand: tankless water heaters produce an endless supply of hot water right when you need it. No more cold showers!
- Energy-efficient: gas and electric-powered tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient because they aren’t working 24/7 to keep a tank of water hot.
Disadvantages of Tankless Water Heaters
While tankless water heaters come with a host of advantages, they don’t come without costs. Some of the disadvantages of tankless water heaters include:
- Cost: tankless water heaters have more upfront costs in both the unit and installation, but will pay itself off with lower utility bills in the long run.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters come in various sizes. You don’t want one too big or too small. So if you’re interested in installing a tankless water heater in your home, consider the rate of water flow in your home, the size of your household, and the temperature rise you’ll need.
If you need help selecting the right model and size of tankless water heater for your home or just have questions about these units, RJ Plumbing can help. We’re a premier plumbing contractor company in Clark County WA. We perform a wide range of residential plumbing services, from water heaters to drain cleaning. Give us a call today or fill out our convenient online form. We provide free quotes!