Electric Water Heaters
Electric Water Heaters
If you’re looking to install a new water heater into your home, you have many options to choose from. Electric water heaters are one of the most common types in homes today. Before you schedule service to get one installed, consider these pros and cons.
Benefits of Electric Water Heaters
Electric water heaters come with several benefits that other types simply don’t compare to including:
- Easy installation: electric water heaters are easier to install compared to gas water heaters. You simply connect them to the main water supply and plug them in whereas gas water heaters need venting and safety precautions to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Variations: just because you go with an electric water heater, doesn’t mean you need to get a tank type water heater. Electric water heaters also come in tankless models as well.
- Cost: Electric water heaters are more affordable upfront.
- Lifespan: Electric water heaters typically last between 10 and 15 years with regular maintenance.
- Size: Electric water heaters are generally smaller than their gas counterparts because they don’t need piping and burners.
Ready For a Quote?
Leave your information and we will be in touch
Cons of Electric Water Heaters
While electric water heaters are suitable for most locations, like any appliance they come with disadvantages.
- Recovery rate: recovery rate refers to how much water the unit can heat within an hour after it’s been fully drained. Electric water heaters typically have twice as less of a recovery rate than gas models. If your household is small, this may not be important.
- Cost: While electric water heaters are cheaper upfront, gas units may be more cost-efficient in the long run as gas is more affordable than electricity.
Electric Water Heater Installation
Whether you’ve made your decision on an electric water heater or are still unsure which type is best for your home, turn to RJ Plumbing Service. Water heaters are a big investment, so it’s important to choose a trustworthy and reliable company for your water heater installation.
We’re a licensed and insured plumbing contractor that proudly serves the Clark County WA area. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment. We offer free quotes and quality service!