Emergency Plumbing Services
When to Call an Emergency Plumber
Though some plumbing emergencies are obvious, others are a little more subtle. Knowing when to call a plumber can help you solve the problem quickly and avoid serious property damage. Here are some common plumbing emergencies:
- Water leaks
- Serious clogs or overflows
- Water heater leaks
- Burst pipes
- Slab leaks
- Burst hose
Need Emergency Plumbing?
Leave your information and we will be in touch
What to Do if You Have a Plumbing Emergency
If you’re dealing with a plumbing emergency, there are a few ways that you can limit damage while you wait for a professional to arrive. Follow these steps to protect your property during a plumbing emergency:
- Shut off the water: If you’re dealing with a leak or burst pipe, you’ll want to shut off the water supply as quickly as possible. To do so, locate and close your water shut off valve, which is usually located outside near the water meter.
- Turn off the valves on your fixture: Plumbing fixtures, like toilets and sinks, have their own shut off valves. The valves are typically located where the water supply line enters the wall. If your fixture begins to leak, turn the valve to close it.
- Address any leaks and clean up water: To prevent water damage during a leak, try to keep the area as dry as possible. Try using a bucket or a bowl to collect any dripping water, and clean the area regularly with towels.
- If applicable, turn off the water heater: If your water heater is malfunctioning, turn it off while you wait for a professional to arrive. Doing so will prevent damage to your property and reduce your need for additional repairs.
Your Local Emergency Plumbers
Plumbing emergencies are inconvenient and can lead to costly problems throughout your home. If you’re dealing with a plumbing problem, the experts at RJ Plumbing are here to help! Our highly trained plumbers are dedicated to providing you with fast service, effective solutions, and a seamless customer experience at an affordable price. Whether you have a burst pipe, an overflow, or a different kind of plumbing problem, we have you covered! Just give us a call to get emergency plumbing services today.